Friday, May 1, 2015

Floral Print

Old Navy Floral Print Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Handbag
What I'm Wearing

Old Navy Floral Print Blouse SOLD OUT--similar here

H&M Ankle Boots--similar here

Rebecca Minkoff Mab Handbag---Here

Treasure and Bond Skinny Jeans--here

Old Navy Floral Print Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Handbag





Old Navy Floral Print Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Handbag







Old Navy Floral Print Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Handbag





Old Navy Floral Print Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Handbag




This is such a cute and versatile shirt. Perfect for those days you just want to throw something casual on and feel like a superstar!!
As I've written before, I'm not a girly-girl. This is one of two items in my closet that contain a floral print, the other being a Jessica Simpson dress I bought for a Spring wedding. After having a daughter and seeing so much floral print in her size, I just couldn't imagine wearing them anymore. Not that I never wore them. I wore them all the time b.k. (before kids) and especially when I lived in Hawaii. You can't walk around anywhere in Hawaii and NOT see floral print. My husband even comments on how little florals I wear. He says "you just don't wear that kind of stuff anymore." Secretly I think he wishes I would. ;) Secretly I wish I lived back in Hawaii where floral prints are always in!
Over the last several years, I've been wearing subtle prints like leopard, which, seriously, is a neutral, ladies! But come Summer and I'm longing for some color! So when I saw this blouse online I thought it would be the perfect floral accent to any closet. I bought a slightly bigger size so it could double as a swimsuit cover-up for my blue and white striped swimsuit. It also pairs well with my boyfriend shorts AND leopard print for Summer!
I know it's been over a week since I posted, but it's been crazy busy here. Our house in Alabama rented (yay!) and the Mavster's been pushing me to look at houses here to get the kids settled this Summer. So when the opportunity to take a mini-vacay away from the house hunt happened, we jumped on it! Mav and I are heading to New Orleans today to spend the weekend in the Big Easy. I'm so excited! I can hardly wait to have a cafĂ© au lait, peruse the French Market and just take in the city of my youth! Oh and maybe visit Bourbon Street, just once.
Hope you have great plans for this upcoming weekend!
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment