Thursday, February 12, 2015

Two Oh-So-Spring Ways To Wear a Pink Pleated Midi Skirt

Alright, we need to talk. Girl to girl. I'm going to be honest, I'm not a girly, girl. I'm a soccer playing, weight lifting, try any new workout, girl. My mom tried to make me a girly girl. But I just wanted to be comfy and hang out with my brothers climbing fences and riding skateboards. In other words, all the fun stuff.
  
 I've since realized that femininity is one of the best parts of being a woman (besides being able to make tiny humans, that is). Today, I have a daughter of my own and struggle to find the fine line to walk of when to dress her, when to allow her to dress herself and when to just let it go, as Elsa says.

Since I am trying to branch out a bit, I've made it my mission to add pink to my closet. When I saw this pink midi skirt on the Windsor site, I thought this would be the perfect pink addition to my closet. I could've easily gone with black or red or floral and maybe I will in a later post for more modern flare. But for now, this is what I call retro glam!


J Crew Sweater, Windsor Pink Midi Skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Black Mini Mac Sunshine and Sequins Fashion Blog


I chose a classic black turtleneck and statement necklace for the first look for a Winter date vibe. The second look, I chose a crisp, white, button up shirt, added pearls and neutral accessories for a cool, Spring work look. Both of these looks are classic and feminine.


Here are few more pics from the photo shoot.


J Crew Sweater, Windsor Pink Midi Skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Black Mini Mac Sunshine and Sequins Fashion Blog
This color combo is to die for!


J Crew Sweater, Windsor Pink Midi Skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Black Mini Mac Sunshine and Sequins Fashion Blog
With a statement necklace and dangly earrings

What I'm Wearing:

Black Turtleneck Sweater: Gap similar here

Pink Midi Skirt: Windsor

Black Heels: Forever 21

Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac

Necklace: Loft

Earrings: Macy's

 
 


J Crew Sweater, Windsor Pink Midi Skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Black Mini Mac Sunshine and Sequins Fashion Blog

What I'm Wearing:

White Blazer: The Limited similar here

White Button Up: Old Navy

Heels: Old Navy

Satchel: Kate Spade  

 


Hello Spring! 
 
 
 
 
~B




Shop the Look: Midi Skirts All under $35!




Windsor Midi Skirt (almost gone) / Shabby Apple Pink Midi (sale!!!) / ASOS Yellow and oh so Spring-y Midi (sale!!!) / Forever 21 Floral Midi


Don't forget the Kate Spade sale happening now but only until noon!!!



Wow, can you believe Valentines Day is Saturday? We've been so busy this last month, Christmas seems like it was yesterday! Mav's been out of town for the last week or so and I didn't know if he was even going to be back in time for Valentines Day. Work, work, work. I'm ecstatic he's home and just in time!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment