Friday, February 20, 2015

The Best Sunless Tanner

As the month of February is coming to an end that means Spring is just around the corner. That's right. It's almost time to start showing some skin again. What a perfect time to talk about how to get a sun-kissed glow just in time for Spring.
 
Around here, Spring comes sooner rather than later. By the end of March, showing some skin is par for the course and everybody is traveling to the beach. I've tried all different kinds of ways to get a sun-kissed look. From the tanning bed to the beach to lotions, creams and sprays. For the past few summers though, I've been on a sunless tanning kick. One summer I went with a spray tan package at a local tanning salon. Another summer I tried the drugstore variety of lotions. This year I decided to spend a little extra money and go for a mousse from the brand St. Tropez which is available at Nordstrom's and Sephora. While this is a little on the expensive side, I love the brown color it gives my skin, perfect for those skirts and dresses.


Here is a great starter kit:
 
 
 
The first time I purchased this mousse was in a travel size. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I committed to $40. I highly recommend buying the tanning mitt to insure even coverage, too. I've messed up sunless tanner in the past and was exclusively using a spray tan until I found the mitt. Also, if you don't like the thought of a mousse, I included a link for the spray version.

I've used this product several times over the last few weeks and couldn't be more happy. I love that it provides even color and the color slowly fades over time instead of leaving my skin splotchy. Ick! I can't stand that. I'm also still using my travel size bottle! I haven't gotten to my full size yet! I bet the full size bottle will last me all summer long. You know how most sunless tanners leave that smell? I didn't notice ANY smell after I used this. It takes a few hours for the color to completely develop. But, wow, was I surprised at the difference!

When I want more color, I just exfoliate in shower and use the mitt to apply the mousse. Easy, peasy!






St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Spray 6.7oz • St. Tropez • $35.00
St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Starter Kit • St. Tropez Tanning Essentials • $25.00
St. Tropez Prep & Maintain Tan Applicator Mitt for Face (Set of 3) • St. Tropez • $10.00
St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse • St. Tropez • $18.00–42.00
St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Spray • St. Tropez • $40.00


St Tropez is also Allure magazines winner for best self tanner!!


Here is a picture of before and after of my legs! Gorgeous brown color!





As you can tell it makes a huge difference and I used the medium color. It was so easy to do I just can't believe it!


Go ahead. You know you want gorgeous glowing skin!




~B

No comments:

Post a Comment