Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Feeling Nauti-cal

Well, you know. I had to go with this title, especially considering that movie premiered this last weekend. That one with all those shades of grey. Yep, that's about all I'm going to say on that topic. And, no, Mav and I did not spend Valentines night at the movies watching some ridiculously trendy movie. We actually spent it waiting. Yes, waiting for over an hour and a half to eat. TO EAT! I know, I told you we usually spend it at home for this precise reason, but this year we decided to venture out. Big mistake.
 
My biggest pet peeve is waiting and to eat no less. It's such a waist of time. I won't even wait in line at Starbucks and I love Starbucks. But I digress. Back to the issue at hand, nautical stripes. I do have a love affair with stripes, especially for Spring and Summer. Spring, for my area of the world, is about a month away with Spring Break coming and I'll be wearing short sleeves. With that in mind, I've been looking for some cute, inexpensive dresses. I tend to buy dresses that are versatile, comfortable and chic. Dressy enough to wear to work or casual enough to wear with a cool pair of sneakers. I love that this dress is red and short sleeve. Perfect for Spring and Summer transition. I can wear it far into Summer and even for July 4th.
 
 
 
What I'm Wearing:

Dress:

Shoes:

Metallic Clutch: Michael Kors

Denim Blazer: J Crew {old} similar here and here

Knot Necklace: .







 

My favorite summertime bracelet: Alex and Ani Mermaid Charm Bangle
 
 
Gosh, it was so cold this day and I was miserable. Seriously, I am no Elsa. I HATE cold weather.
 
 
 





I don't know about you, but I'm ready for Spring to get here and fast!
 
 
 
 
Yours Truly,
 
~B







Shop the Look:

 
Just an FYI, I bought these exact Charles David pumps in this nude color above and in leopard! This specific pump comes in 16 different colors including metallic!! Love them!
 
Don't miss a minute subscribe by email at the right! Or follow me on instagram @sunshinesequinsblog.
 
 
Coming up on the blog: Fake Bake and more styling ideas for this nautical dress!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment