Monday, February 9, 2015

Casual Valentine's Date: Guava Sweater and White Jeans

Guava Sweater, Madewell White Skinny Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
Spring has sprung and so have the colors for Spring 2015. I had Radiant Orchid in the Fall and now Guava is my new favorite for Spring. This guava colored subtly striped sweater from Old Navy is the perfect way to add a little fruit to your style diet. :)
 
What I'm Wearing
 
Guava (don't you love that color?) Sweater: Old Navy
 
Block-Heel Sandals: Old Navy
 
Clutch: ASOS (sold out) similar here and here and here
 
Jeans: Madewell White Skinny Jeans (I'm wearing a size 28) or I'm loving these too and they're only $58!
 
 
 

Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
 

Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
My absolute new favorite lipstick: Urban Decay Sheer Revolution in Sheer Rapture. The perfect dusty rose color and my new best friend. This is the best lip-gloss/lipstick I've found in years. It goes on smooth, with nourishing oils, antioxidants and it has Maxi-Lip which defines and hydrates for softer, fuller lips. And it never dries out my lips. This is the perfect subtle shade for those sun-kissed days of Summer. Try it. I promise you will fall in love. The nail polish is Essie: Hi Maintenance. This is a very nude, glossy polish for a natural look.
 
 
Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog

Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog
I'm loving this clutch. It is big enough to carry my essentials and my iPad! Perfect for those days I want to head to the local coffee shop without a huge tote and my laptop!



Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
I love that this sweater is not the typical pink. I'll be honest. Its one of the only pink pieces of clothing I have in my closet.

Guava Sweater, Madewell Jeans, ASOS clutch, Block Heel Sandals Sunshine and Sequins Blog



Not sure about the whole editing photos thing as in this above photo. One thing I am sure of is the color for this sweater. It comes in blue and this muted pink guava. I'm not a fan of pinks or corals so I almost bought the blue. Corals and pinks generally wash out my skin color. But imagine my surprise when I got this in the mail and tried it on. I love, love, love this color. AND it goes very nicely with my skin tone. Such a win, win for me in Spring when all the colors move toward the pastel side. The side of color I don't go for. Now I use these colors in accents such as a camisole under a jacket or a dress under a cardigan or a skirt.
 
For the colors that compliment my skin tone; think Summer/Winter. Lots of teal, aqua, fuchsia, cobalt, bright white and purple. In fact, aqua is my signature color. Its the color I get the most compliments when I wear. The color of the sea. Go figure. It's also my favorite color and graces the walls of a few rooms in my home. 
 
Colors are unique to the individual and that's why I think style is very personal. It's important for every women to understand how her hair, skin and eye color impacts what colors will compliment her overall look.
 
When I was a little girl, my mom had a book called Color Me Beautiful. (If you are interested in learning more about your personal color, they now have a whole website where you can have a color consultation (if you subscribe) and you can order your own swatches to carry with you.) I remember obsessing over that book and all the color swatches contained inside when I was younger (I've always loved color). I also remember later in my 20's cutting out the swatches that were Summer/Winter and using those when I went shopping. Its funny the things you remember from childhood and how you carry those into adulthood.
 
 
 
Yours Truly,
 
 
 
~B
 
 
"Maybe its not about the happy ending. Maybe its about the story."
 
 
 
Coming up on the blog: It's fake bake time and I don't mean the big, bad tanning bed. I give my tips and brands I love for a polished, sun-kissed look without the salon price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment