Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pretty in Pleats

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
This gorgeous pleated dress is perfect for a dressy Valentines night out! You could also pair it with metallic flats and a denim jacket for a cool, chic vibe! 
 
 

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

 

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
 




Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog

 
Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, Forever 21 Pleated Dress, Valentines Day Date Outfit~Sunshine and Sequins Blog
 
What I'm Wearing
 
Dress: Forever 21
 
Blazer: JCPenney similar here at Target
 
Heels: Lulus
 


Aren't those flowers gorgeous! We headed to a local flower shop the morning of this shoot and I explained to the florist, in a vague sort of way, what I wanted. I love doing things on the fly and letting others creativity flow in the process.
 
As I could've gone with a red dress, I just couldn't find a red one I really liked. I chose this pleated dress because I liked the skirt. It makes me feel like I'm in the 1920's and we should head to the local speak easy. Plus, I thought I could easily add a baby blue sweater and flats to make a cute casual outfit, too.
 
 
As I wrote in another post, Mav and I don't usually go out on the most romantic night of the year. Usually V-Day falls on a weekday which means a short supply of babysitters for the munchkins. The last time we went out for Valentines Day on Valentines Day was many years ago while we were in Hawaii. That particular night we spent the night away at a hotel on Waikiki Beach. The best part about living on an island on perpetual vacation is you get to play tourist. We spent that Valentines night dining at one of our favorite restaurants, walking around Waikiki, barefoot on the beach, enjoying the sunset.
 
You see, Mav and I'd spent so many Valentines Days apart because of deployments we needed a reminder and reality check of what normal life was. Instead of focusing on the times we've had apart, this is the experience I choose to remember. I don't compare one year over another because its impossible to compete with or repeat this experience. Life is best lived in the present.
 
 
 
 
Yours Truly,


~B
 
 
 
In case you didn't know, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read my words and check out my style ideas and photographs. Thank you for reading my little labor of love. This Valentines Day I wish you and yours a very lovely day. Here are a few of my picks for Valentines Day. Chloe and Dior perfumes are my go-to scents for a date night.
 
 
The Icing


No comments:

Post a Comment