Thursday, January 22, 2015

Polka Dot Pencil Skirt and Tunic Sweater

As I was thinking of what look I wanted to style next using pieces from my closet, all I could think of was Vicky Vale's side swept hair from the 90's Batman movie. Kim Basinger as Vicky Vale is the end all be all of sophisticated chic. Just thinking of the black beret outfit makes me swoon. I literally copied every outfit and every hairstyle she wore in that movie. Here is my attempt at recreating her polished, sophisticated look.



Outfit of the Day:

Tunic Sweater: Gap (similar here and cute cropped one here)

Polka Dot Pencil Skirt: similar here at Old Navy

Shoes: Forever 21 (here)

Satchel: Kate Spade (similar here and gorgeous one here)


Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel

Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel


Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel
I look like I'm about to sneeze in this picture :).

Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel

Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel

Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel
This outfit is feminine, yet polished enough for the office.


Outfit of the Day, Cozy Knit Sweater, Pencil Skirt, Kate Spade Satchel
 
 
This handbag came in 3 different colors and I bet I spent 30 minutes in the Kate Spade store trying each one on in front of a mirror before I decided on this grey. I am so glad I did. This color works with the darker colors of Fall and just as well with the light pastels trending this Spring.
 
 
 
~B
 
Still to come: Valentines Day Beauty Tips: How to Make Your Skin Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment