Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas in a Jar: Cinnamon Sugar Almonds

 


Cinnamon Sugar Almonds Teacher Gifts Handmade Christmas Gifts
Christmas in a Jar: Cinnamon Sugar Almonds


Christmas Almonds

30 oz Whole Raw Almonds
2 egg whites
2 TBSP Water
1 TSP Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Sugar (give or take some depending on how sweet you want the coating)
1/2 TSP Salt

1. Mix the egg white and water in a bowl.

2.  Wisk until foamy but not peaky (not a word but when you are working with egg whites it turns     white and begins to form peaks after a certain amount of whisking).

3.  Add the cinnamon, sugar and salt. Wisk until mixed well. Add almonds and stir to coat.

4.  Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silpat.  Preheat oven to 275. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove. Stir carefully then return to the oven for 20 minutes more.

5.  Be prepared for your house to smell delicious and Christmas-y while these are baking!

 
Cinnamon Sugar Almonds. Seriously Christmas. Just the sound makes your mouth water. You can admit it. Its ok, we're all friends here. 
 
As I've written before, I love almonds. Not only are almonds high in protein but almonds offer 35% of your daily recommended Vitamin E, 6% of iron and 20% of magnesium. The perfect afternoon snack. I can even get my kids to eat Cinnamon Sugar Almonds!

I've tried many recipes to make different flavor almonds. My version is a take on a wasabi almond recipe I attempted several months ago. These are my go-to afternoon pick-me-up. Some people have a candy bar, some people a coffee, I eat almonds. Sometimes I feel like a sugary snack. Using the wasabi almond recipe from the almond makers website, this cinnamon sugar almond recipe turned out superb. This recipe is adapted from the Wasabi Almond recipe here.



I used three 10 oz. bags of almonds, which was enough to fill both jars and have a few cups left over. This made the perfect amount to make these holiday gifts for my kids teachers.


Cinnamon Sugar Almonds Teacher Gift Handmade Gifts

Cinnamon Sugar Almonds Teacher Gift Handmade Gifts

Cinnamon Sugar Almonds Teacher Gift Handmade Gifts




Wishing You the Best Holiday,
 
 
 
B
 
 
"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store." Dr. Suess


No comments:

Post a Comment