Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pixie Pants, Fair Isle and Herringbone Vest





Holiday outfit inspiration
What I'm Wearing: J Crew Factory Vest (old)/Old Navy Fair Isle Sweater (here All sweaters on sale now)/Old Navy Mens Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt (here I bought a size small)/Old Navy Long Strand Pearls (I bought these in the store)/My next pair of skinnies will be the Flirt from Old Navy (here) I tried these on while in the store the other day to see which ones I need to put on my list. I need a new pair anyway.
As I wrote in another post, I thought I'd missed out on all the sweater sales and was going to be stuck with my cardigans but I found a few at Old Navy that are perfect for this time of year. This Fair Isle sweater is warm but also lightweight and soft! Perfect for a fit, petite, chic lady. I layered it with a flannel men's shirt for a festive pop of color!


J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife

J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife

Holiday Style J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife
 


J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife

J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife

Love the femininity of the pearls with the menswear flannel!


Kate Spade Red Crossbody Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater
If you order this handbag now, it will be in your mailbox just in time for Christmas!


J Crew Herringbone Vest Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt Fair Isle Sweater~The Army Life of an Aviators Wife
 Kate Spade Handbag: many choices here I almost bought this one here and here/Forever 21 Heels (similar here)/Black Skinnies (similar here) Nail Color: OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress

I've written before about how difficult it is for petite/fit/curvy women to successfully layer and not look overwhelmed. So the challenge: layer and add feminine accessories to offset the menswear. Layering on pearls, adding heels and a pop of color from the handbag, adds femininity without bulk making a perfect concoction.

 I needed something festive to wear to my husbands office Christmas party but that could also double as my Christmas Day outfit. This sweater paired with the red and black buffalo check flannel shirt is not only warm and comfortable but feminine and festive! Just the right amount of layering without overwhelming or adding bulk to the curves. Don't get me wrong, curvy girls like me need to accentuate sometimes just not when layering for warmth!

I hope this gives all the curvy, fit and feminine ladies out there great inspo for the holidays!



~B






No comments:

Post a Comment