Friday, October 10, 2014

Sequins and Light

The other night Mav and I were testing out some evening shots right before the sun set. I would say we are working on the "artistic" quality of the photos. But seriously, Mav (the helicopter pilot aka Type A personality) nor I (type A businesswoman) are artists and neither do we claim to be. I don't have an artsy, craftsy bone in my body, have no idea about the technicalities of fashion or the best ways to mix colors. You can ask my kids about my artistic abilities when I try to copy whatever new "mommy of the year" craft is trending on Pinterest. Nah, scratch that. Don't ask. My artistic abilities stretch as far as my personality: I love what I love and if it makes me feel like my personality is being represented, I go for it. I try not to take myself too seriously, either.
 

Sequins and Light:



Sequins and Light
Sequins and Light
Baby girl was helping out.



Love the buckle detail on these ankle boots.

 
 
 
What I'm wearing: Black Blazer: Express (old)(similar here at The Limited)/Sequin Top: The Limited (old)(similar at Victoria's Secret and its on clearance)/Skinny Jeans: American Eagle (old)(similar)/Black Ankle Boots: Bucco/Nordstrom Rack (similar)

I'm a sucker for shiny things. I'm kinda like a fish that way, dangle something sparkly in front of me and I'm hooked! :)


This outfit is comfortable, casual and chic. My three fashion rules! Perfect for date-night.

There you have it. You don't have to spend a fortune to feel like a million bucks!


Remember your smile is your best accessory, never leave the house without it.
 
 
Adieu,
 
~B
 
"The secret to getting ahead is getting started." Mark Twain

 

No comments:

Post a Comment