Friday, September 5, 2014

Rocker Chic Date Night

ROCKER CHIC FOR THE EVERYDAY GIRL
Black Shift Dress: Lucky Brand /Black Gladiator Heels: Nine West/Black Chain Belt: Express/Gold Chain Necklace: Altar'd State (in stores)
Rocker Chic is not my typical style. I relinquished that in my late teens/early twenties. Now that I am older and hopefully a bit wiser, I know my limits. Even though I secretly wish I was Gwen Stefani. Especially when No Doubt first burst on the scene with "I'm Just a Girl." Seriously, that song was my motto during those years.




Alas, I have never been able to pull off the rock thing successfully. I just look too much "girl next door." Mav will just laugh at this because I was that girl at the Ozzy Osborne concert wearing a flower sheath dress and wedges because I knew I couldn't pull off rocker.

For this date night look, instead of going head to toe rock chic, I added a few accessories that made me feel like Gwen.


Since the belt and shoes say rocker, the makeup and other accessories say sophisticated with an edge. 

I hope this gives you some inspiration for your next date night. I certainly stepped out of my comfort zone for this date. But, as they say, variety is the spice of life. When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone style wise?

Remember, your smile is your best accessory, never leave home without it!

 Happy Friday!
~B






No comments:

Post a Comment