Friday, September 26, 2014

Jewel Tone Fashion for Fall: Vintage Green Suede Pencil Skirt and Fur Vest



Suede Skirt for Fall and Winter
Suede Pencil Skirt: Express / Embellished Sweatshirt: Clearance rack for $6 Kohls /Suede Ankle Boots: Target
With Fall quickly approaching, I decided to go with a glam sophisticate chic Fall/Winter look reusing my green suede skirt I had in the post Sunday Brunch. I've been able to find a few similar "suede" skirts online since that post.

I'm not sure sophisticate chic is a style "buzz" word but when I was trying to describe this look that is what I came up with. Falling in line with the trendy black leather skirt, I instead went with this vintage green suede pencil skirt. Partly because I had it and partly because the trendy leather skater skirts add bulk to an area that needs none. I added a casual embellished sweatshirt, fur vest and nude suede ankle boots. Comfortable and chic!

Fall is all about the layers. I love that I can either wear the vest or not. I love the green of the skirt and the simplicity of the jewelry. I've had this skirt since high school (it fit a little different back then ;)and found it wrapped up in a closet last time I visited home. Yes, I said that right, high school. I saw this skirt in the window of an Express store (which, by the way, is still one of my favorite stores) in the mall and told my mom I wanted it for my 16th birthday. I don't think I've ever wanted anything more in my life at that time. When I opened that gift on my birthday, I cried. And now you know the reason why I will NEVER get rid of it. After many, many years, it is still one of my favorites! 

My online search for a similar skirt produced many suede skirts from designers like Alexander Wang, Burberry, Ralph Lauren and the likes, none of which are under $1000. Don't fret, there are many affordable versions in black and a few in burgundy which can achieve a similar look.






Suede Skirt for Fall and Winter
See the nails? That's Gelish Black Jack Cherry!!!


Who says a mommy has to wear boyfriend jeans and t-shirts all the time! Well, I actually do wear that.....some of the time, except when it comes to date night. It's a time when I can wear whatever I want. The belt and the clutch give the vest an added sophistication. The pearl strand is my mother's and I wore it on my wedding day, too (vintage jewelry!). The clutch and belt are Michael Kors several years old. The vest I bought three years ago. The boots are from Target two years ago but they have similar ones now and they match the vest perfectly. Don't you think?

Clothing pieces made using classic lines and fabrics will never go out of style. I am dating myself but this skirt was popular at the same time as Pearl Jam's "Ten". It survived the grunge era and so did I. No matter, I'm gonna rock this beauty on a fall date night with the Mavs. This outfit makes me happy and I can't wait to wear it! Do you have any go-to outfits in your closet that make you feel that way?

Remember, your smile is your best accessory, never leave home without it!


~B

"Believe you can and you are halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment