Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fall Olive You




quilted vest ankle boots boho dress
Boho Dress/Olive Vest: for those perfect Fall days.


how to wear a quilted jacket with a dress for fall
 
 

I've put off buying the trendy military parka olive green vest/jacket thing for over a year because I can either (a) never find one in my size or (b) the olive color is too olive for my skin tone. Plus, I see enough real army green/camo everyday to make anyone puke. Nah, just kidding. I love seeing my husband in his A2CU. I can't get over that new name. I was so used to calling his uniforms ABDU's.
 
Anyway, when I saw this vest at Gap Outlet the other day, I HAD to have it. Finally an olive vest/jacket in the perfect shade of olive and in my size. It is the perfect addition to my fall wardrobe. Cute, right? And it falls in line with the current fall trend: quilted jackets! The shift dress I bought many moons ago in Hawaii and is the perfect girly offset to the masculinity of the vest. I love this dress because I can wear it with my maroon ankle boots for fall. Or throw on my fur vest for those colder days. I found some really great similar dresses at Nordstrom's. Perfect!
 
 
I removed the belt to show a different look. I like the belt it adds a little structure and flare to the dress.


 
 
ankle boots boho dress for fall
Close-up of the bag and oxblood leopard belt
 
how to wear a quilted vest with a dress and ankle boots for fall winter
I love this look for a cool, fall day. So comfortable, yet just a little of the unexpected. On cold days, I wear this dress with  my fur vest, leggings and knee-high cognac boots.



Every girl loves her jewels! One of my favorite pieces of jewelry: My Gold Name Necklace, a birthday gift years ago when I was in my SATC stage: Soul Jewelry (similar here)/Watch:My own/Rings: various I have collected over the years.

 

Vintage and heirloom jewelry are the best. There's always a story behind each piece.
 
Remember, your smile is your best accessory, never leave the house without it!
 
Have a Beautiful SaturDay, Ladies!
 
~B

 "This above all; to thine own self be true." Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment