Sunday, June 9, 2013

This Father's Day Dinner is Sure To Please

Why not make that special dad in your life a wonderful dinner to say thanks for all the things he does? The Father's Day dinner I have planned, I've prepared several times and I can't take credit for the recipe. This one came from my weekly Publix circular several months ago, Prosciutto Steak and Arugula Salad. I just HAD to share this! Sounds delish, right?

There are three things I LOVE about this meal. Prosciutto, steak and arugula. What's not to love? I made some teensy, weensy changes to the recipe. I love the end result. Quite possibly the perfect steak dinner this side of....well....Perini's Ranch by which I compare all steak meals....

Which reminds me of that delicious meal I once had at a little steakhouse called Perini's Ranch in Buffalo Gap, TX many years ago. Maybe it was the ambience sitting at an old, thick wood table beside a roaring fire or the rustic décor or that we drove over cattle grates to get there, this place is authentic Texas steakhouse. The filet I ordered was so tender I could practically cut it with a fork not to mention the grilled onions and mushrooms and sourdough bread. My mouth is watering just thinking of that meal. Even though I am a clean eating and exercise FANATIC, I do indulge from time to time. All work and no play makes B a dull girl.....But I digress....

Here is a Father's Day Dinner That is Sure to Please....

Prosciutto Steak and Arugula Salad

3 Slices Prosciutto, torn into small pieces (I used an all-natural only salt and pork)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 Steaks of your choice
Season Salt
Special Ingredients
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Sun-Dried Tomato Butter (recipe to follow)
1 bag Organic Arugula
2 Tbsp White Balsamic Glaze

Start the grill. Then season your steaks. I used this Mediterranean Season Salt (pic). Cook to your temperature preference. When the steak has about 5 minutes left of cooking, start the arugula salad. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and prosciutto. Sauté
until onions are soft. Add 1 TBSP of the sun-dried tomato butter. Once melted, add the arugula. Toss until just slightly wilted. Pour the white balsamic glaze on top and toss. Place some arugula on the plate, place your hot-off-the-grill steak on top and add one tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato butter to the steak.


Father's Day Prosciutto Steak and Arugula Salad







 
Sun-Dried Tomato Butter

4 TBSP of Margarine
4 Sundried Tomatoes, Sliced

Slice the sun-dried tomatoes in thin strips and mix well with the margarine. I make four tablespoons because I LOVE this stuff and use it on other things.















Is your mouth watering yet?
 
 
All nutritional information about this is available here. Personally it didn't matter because this was just so dang good!




Happy Cooking,
 
~B
 
 
 

 

 
Thank you for taking your time and reading this post. I hope you enjoyed yourself. If you enjoyed this post, please endorse me on sverve at the link on the right. Also follow me on Pinterest and Twitter! Never wanna miss an update? Subscribe by entering your email at the right!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment