Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Escape Artist Strikes Again...

"Here we go again." I think this morning when my 2-year-old climbs in my bed at 5am. The Mavster groans and says a few choice words before walking her back to her room. While we are both sitting in the living room awaiting her return from her room after having escaped, what I thought was, the inescapable crib, I look over at Mav and say "ya gotta give it to her, she is tenacious and determined which are all REALLY great qualities." To which his only response is a flick of his wrist playing whatever game it is he's playing on his phone. Mav is not a morning person...

As I wrote a few weeks ago, our little Houdini was escaping her crib and having parties in her brothers room at 2 am. By parties I mean, screaming, jumping on the bed, lights on, kinda raucous parties....Needless to say, the Mav and I were determined to FIX this. We tried several things, none of which worked. See our 6 year old never did this. He would just wake at 5 am screaming. If I had to choose, I kinda like Ms. Escape Artist's wake up call. At least she is quietly coming in my room to give me "huggies"...

Then we had an epiphany, take the springs out and put the mattress on the floor. Great idea!!! It took her a whole 2 days to figure out she could climb out....So much for that brilliant idea.....

I even tried a little bit of a guilt trip. I figured since I was up at 5am I might as well fold the laundry that's been sitting in the dryer since yesterday afternoon. While she was attempting to fold and I was actually folding, I said "If mommy wasn't awake right now, I wouldn't be folding laundry" as I look at the clock which reads 5:54 am. At least the laundry's done...for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment