Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Espresso, Oh My

Fabulous Caffeine Kick-Start Frappe`



















I love the combo of coffee, chocolate and peanut butter. In fact, my favorite ice cream is from a little store called Cold Stone Creamery. I am so glad we do not have one of those anywhere close because their Mud-Pie Mojo ice cream creation is TO DIE FOR! I don't just LIKE IT, I LOVE IT. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Espresso Protein Smoothie recipe gives me the satisfaction of the flavors I crave without all the calories and is sure to kick-start your morning in a good way! Yum! All this and it has no bananas or yogurt!

 Caffeine Kick-Start Protein Frappe`

1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cup of Coffee or 3 shots of freshly brewed, cooled Espresso (Try different combos for taste)
2 tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
Ice to fill blender cup

No bananas or yogurt! Just place this all in your blender cup and blend away.

You could add a banana but for me it adds too many calories and carbs. Plus my daughter likes to try everything I am eating or drinking and since she and I have "issues" with bananas, I leave them out of my protein smoothies. And no, I don't let her have this one since it has espresso in it. This protein shake is the best I have EVER had and let me tell you I have tried them all from my over 17 years experience in weight training and eating clean. I do always have vanilla protein powder on hand.

Since this is my morning snack, I sometimes choose to add only 1 shot for less caffeine plus coffee or water to make the 1/2 cup of liquid needed. You could add milk with less coffee, if you choose. Even though technically this protein powder is dairy (whey), dairy is one of my stay-away-most of-the-time foods. My body is very sensitive to dairy (meaning it blocks my bodies fat-burning ability), but not the whey protein found in it.

If you want more chocolate flavor, you could add a handful of chocolate chips. I use Jay Robbs' Protein Powder exclusively, because it doesn't have any added artificial ingredients. I tried this with a prepared chocolate protein shake and it turned out too watery. I literally cannot stop drinking this shake until it is all gone! I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by!

~B



No comments:

Post a Comment